Innovate. Advocate. Collaborate.
Join Our Team
Check back soon for NPHI opportunities.
Career Opportunities at our member organizations
To find a position at a member organization near you, please click here. Job postings will be listed on each member’s respective site and/or below:
EveryStep, formerly known as HCI Care Services & Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa has led the charge to address a wide variety of community health care and social service needs, offering prenatal support and home visits to new moms, assistance to immigrants and refugees, compassionate hospice and home care services, and grief and loss support.
When Iowans face life’s most difficult moments, EveryStep offers support and empowerment at the right place and the right time. The non-profit’s 30 plus programs have a strong reputation and long history of serving vulnerable populations to help them live their best lives.
Come join an elite team who provide care and support to Iowans in 47 counties!
Manages and directs the fee-for-service billing and accounts receivable operations to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, client, and customer relations. This position directs billing and collection, and works closely with Clinical Services and other departments to ensure quality and compliant billing data and records.
- Clearly communicates roles, responsibilities, performance standards and expectations to staff
- Ensures staff have the necessary training and skills needed to be effective team members
- Regularly checks in with staff to provide constructive feedback and discuss progress towards goals, offering coaching, support or guidance as needed
- Clearly communicates organization objectives to staff, preserving confidentiality as needed
- Addresses performance or conduct issues immediately and provides effective counseling and corrective action as needed
- Recognizes and celebrates staff accomplishments and exceptional performance and services
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant
- At least 5 years medical billing experience required; at least 2 of those years in a leadership
- Involvement in a professional association, such as American Academy of Professional Coders or American Health Information Management Association, is
- Comprehensive knowledge of billing and collection procedures in compliance with Federal and Iowa laws and regulations, HIPAA, Medicare, Iowa Medicaid, BCBS and commercial
- Previous experience in Hospice, Home Care and Palliative billing
- Strong management skills; ability to conceptualize work flows, develops plans and implement appropriate
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner, make timely decisions, and exercise sound independent
- Utilizes strong keyboarding and computer skills with the ability to learn work-related
- Physical requirements: Medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical activities: bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, fingering and gripping and reaching
- Environment: Hazards (chemicals, infectious diseases), Atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases)
- Travel: Required between locations
- Time: Work hours based on patient-driven census model
These characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be required to perform other duties to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
Looking for a meaningful career where you can truly make a difference? Come join one of Des Moines Register’s Top Work Places in 2020!
EveryStep employees enjoy a supportive culture, competitive compensation and benefits, work/life balance and flexibility, and the knowledge that their employer shares their values of integrity, respect, compassion, excellence and teamwork.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram! We are looking forward to reviewing your application!
EveryStep is an equal opportunity employer. Employment practices are implemented without regard to race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of age or physical or mental disability unrelated to ability to perform the work required.
CEO Search Underway for Mountain Valley Hospice & Palliative Care
[Mt. Airy, NC] The Board of Directors of Mountain Valley Hospice & Palliative Care (MVHPC) is beginning the national search process for a permanent CEO.
MVHPC’s staff of approximately 300 employees currently serves over 400 hospice patients and 90 palliative care patients. The organization has a strong reputation for providing much needed serious illness care to the residents of its communities for over 37 years. It is well positioned to expand its continuum of services and offer appropriate levels of care to all of those in its 18-county service area in NC and VA who are in need.
The Board’s goal is to announce the selection of a permanent CEO by the end of the first quarter of 2021.
Tracey Dobson will continue to serve as the interim CEO during this time. “Tracey has led the agency since May and has been a steady and calm force during this transition,” said Chris Lumsden, MVHPC Board Chair and CEO of Northern Regional Hospital.
Those who are interested in applying for the position should visit the website at https://www.mtnvalleyhospice.org.
Since 1983, Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care has been providing the highest level of compassionate, quality hospice and palliative care for those who are facing a serious illness. Now serving 18 counties in Northwestern North Carolina and Southwestern Virginia the organization’s mission is to create the best experience for those facing serious illness, every patient, every family, every time.
Hospice Savannah is looking for an Associate Medical Director. They are looking for someone who is driven by their mission and has a solid background in hospice and palliative care medicine. Please see here for more information.